Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to let in the fresh air and clean out the cobwebs so that your house looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in St. George to give your home a fresh start.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is the perfect time to ensure all of your home’s systems are working properly for the coming summer months. Here’s a list of some of the things you should inspect every spring in St. George:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by swapping out your furnace and air conditioning filters. Many HVAC companies provide this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Replace the batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for holes or cracks. Repair the caulking as you go. Put in window treatments, like plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency. Open all your windows to make sure that they can freely move.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really sparkle, give it a deep clean. First, declutter your rooms to open up your home. After that, clean surfaces you don’t wipe down regularly including floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Wipe your fixtures to give them a shine. Vacuum your furniture and the area under and behind it.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove dirt and smudges. Clean any shutters, draperies, or other window treatments. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’re done with deep cleaning, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
A simple way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a completely new feel. You can also shop your home, which means switching out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Add more color with new paint, bright accent pillows, and live plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then check out our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve chosen colors and the style you like, you can bring in coordinating furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
An easy update for your rooms is to bring in window treatments that complement yourcurrent décor and enhance your rooms. You can pick from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters as well as blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
Browse through our design tips for more ideas for your home. And when you find a look and window treatment that you want for your home, give us a call at 435-485-9332 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our experts will guide you in picking the perfect window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.